• Caravan delivers canned food to Maple-Morgan Park Food Pantry

Filed under Sports

Senior Night for the Swim Team

On January 16th Mount Carmel’s Swim Team hosted a swim meet against Julian High School at Mount Carmel. The significance of this event is that it was Senior Night for the senior swimmers on the team. Each senior member of the aquatic team was recognized for their hard work and effort that they have put forth throughout their careers at Mount Carmel. After the students were given gifts of appreciation it was time for them to work and do what they do best. Mount Carmel got the best of Julian at the end of the meet. After the great night for the team I caught up with senior swimmer and captain of the Swim Team Isaiah Williams 18′ and asked him on his take of the Senior Night and what it was like for him to have his final meet at Mount Carmel on the Swim Team. “Senior night was a good way to end a long and satisfactory swim career at Mount Carmel. It feels like all the hard work in and out of the water over the past 4 years has finally come full circle. I’m glad we could come out with a win in our last home meet. I think all the other seniors are happy to almost be done, I know I am, but I’m glad to have all the experiences and memories that came with being apart of such an amazing and dedicated team.”. It is truly amazing to see what my classmates  have accomplished and what they will continue to do as the season comes to an end.