• Caravan volleyball & baseball compete for regional championships this weekend

Filed under Arts and Culture

Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

Back to Article
Back to Article

Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

The brand new Marvel movie, Avengers: Endgame was released April 22, 2019. google image labeled for reuse on Wikimedia.com

On April 22, 2019, the biggest movie in cinematic history (based on initial revenue) was released. Raising 1.2 billion dollars in the first weekend, “Avengers: Endgame” was a must see movie. I was fortunate enough to be able to see the movie the day after it came out… at 6:10 a.m.

The previous night, I could not stop thinking about the movie. All I wanted to do was find a way to see it. Sadly, all the times were sold out except for one: the 6:10 a.m. at Marcus Orland Park Cinema. At first I thought the idea was crazy, but then I thought it was a great opportunity to make a memory. So I texted my friends.  Most of them said “no,” but my best friend Mike Leveille said he “was in.”

After about 4 hours of sleep, my 5:30 alarm went off. I woke up with excitement, ready to see the movie. I picked up Mike, and we were off!

We got to the theater at 6:07 and the computers were down. We were nervous we would miss the start of the movie, but luckily they were up and running just in time for us to get in. We were able to skip all the previews, and the movie started right when we sat down.

The movie was awesome. The beginning was a little slow, but the action-packed ending was unbelievable.

After coming out of the movie around 9:15, I was so energized and ready to start my day. Mike and I immediately went to the golf course after the movie and played 9 holes at Meadows Golf Course in Blue Island, Illinois.

The whole day and experience is something I will never forget. A lot of people can say they saw the movie, but not many can say they saw it at 6:10 a.m.

About the Writer
Miles Hoey, Staff Writer

Miles Hoey, a senior at Mount Carmel, is a varsity wrestler who lives on the South Side of Chicago in Beverly. Hoey would love to pursue his dreams of...

• Arts and Culture

Uber or Lyft? It’s a close call

• Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

Arts and Culture

Celeb’s tweet nudges Wendy’s to bring back spicy chicken nuggets

• Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

Arts and Culture

Hamilton experience exceeds expectations

• Arts and Culture

Artist gives new twist to classic paintings

• Arts and Culture

Best binge bet: Parks and Rec or The Office?

• Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

Arts and Culture

Aquaman (the movie): dive in this weekend

• Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

Arts and Culture

Wish You Were Here Tour 2018 – worth the cost

• Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

Arts and Culture

Death of SpongeBob creator spurs cartoon memories

• Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

Arts and Culture

Showtime brings “The Chi” to MC’s campus

• Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”

Arts and Culture

Star Wars makes huge global opening

Waking up to “Avengers: Endgame”