• Caravan defeats St. Laurence 40 - 0; Fenwick next in season finale

Filed under News

March for Life makes a comeback

For the past three years, a group of seven young men from Mount Carmel have taken the four day journey to Washington D.C. to march against abortion. This group calls themselves “The Respect Life Club” even though the club slowly fell apart.

It all started in the 2014-15 school year, When Mr. Hansen took a group of students on the trip. A learning experience for all the students, they were motivated to go on the trip and fight for what they believed in for years following.

The trip has been filled with many memories, new friends and opportunities to change our nation for the better. Mount Carmel joins many other schools in the Archdiocese who take coach buses for close to nine hours to D.C., and another nine back. Lenny Lubas, senior and March for Life Veteran says, “March for Life is my vacation every year away from home and having a good time with my friends for a good cause. Every voice counts when marching in Washington D.C. to end all abortions once and for all.”

But these seven Mount Carmel seniors are faced with a challenge: no club, no moderator and no trip. It’s now up to the students to find a teacher to take them to D.C., and they have to put the trip together. Former Respect Life Club co-captain Tommy Jacobs, as well as Lenny Lubas and the rest of the group are hard at work putting the trip together. They hope to board the buses on the 17th of January and march on the 19th to make one more year’s worth of memories.

About the Writer
Alek Fedyk, Staff Writter

Alek Fedyk from Hinsdale, Illinois, is a Mount Carmel senior who has a strong passion for telling stories with media, specifically video. Alek played hockey for 12 years, and soccer for three years following. He plans on moving on from Mount Carmel to attend a four year college, where he hopes to study the production of media and film making. When in college, Alek plans to study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country. From there, he plans to travel to Latin-American countries and Europe.

• News

New grading scale well received by students

• March for Life makes a comeback

News

Tiger Woods to tee off on new design for South Shore and Jackson Park courses

• March for Life makes a comeback

News

Temporary bleachers could lead to new era for MC sports

• March for Life makes a comeback

News

2nd floor project nears completion

• News

New year, new leadership for Student Council

• March for Life makes a comeback

News

“Wide-eyed” frosh begin their journey

• March for Life makes a comeback

News

Father-Son Dinner features Lester Munson

• March for Life makes a comeback

News

Esteemed editor Bernard Judge visits Carmel

• March for Life makes a comeback

News

The Pep Rally

• March for Life makes a comeback

News

Sr. Hurley leaving after decades of service

March for Life makes a comeback