• Caravan defeats St. Laurence 40 - 0; Fenwick next in season finale

Filed under News, Showcase

Father-Son Dinner features Lester Munson

On Tuesday, October 24th, Mount Carmel’s Fathers’ Club hosted the annual Father-Son Dinner.

The well-attended evening event started with a talk from the president of the Father’s Club, Greg McKay. He talked about what the Fathers’ Club is, what they do, and encouraged all the fathers to join. McKay then introduced many members of the Fathers’ Club before the secretary, Tom Pasciak, led prayer. First, the fathers blessed their sons, which was followed by the sons blessing their fathers.

The following meal consisted of salad, spaghetti and chicken parmesan, all of which was provided by the Fathers’ Club.

After dinner, it was time for the guest speaker, Lester Munson, who has been a legal analyst for ESPN. He spoke of all he has been a part of in the sports world, including the famous “Deflategate” Tom Brady was involved in, and gave those listening advice from his experiences – do something as a career that you enjoy doing, be prepared to overcome adversity and give back to the community. Munson answered questions from the audience about his experiences and opinions involving the legal issues behind various sports stories and stayed after to pose for photos and talk to fathers and sons.

It was another successful Father-Son Dinner.

About the Writer
Andrew Walsh, Staff Writer

Raised Catholic in Beverly’s Fisher Parish, senior Andrew Walsh came to Mount Carmel after years of looking forward to attending Mount Carmel like most everyone in his family had before. Andrew came in knowing he was going to play hockey for Carmel, which he has continued for all four years. He also picked up a new sport in water polo, where he has played every position. Andrew is also involved in other non-athletic clubs at Carmel, including the Writing Club, Scholastic Bowl, and more recently the Caravan Broadcast Network (CBN). Writing is something Andrew enjoys, which helps him in his honor and AP classes. By writing for The Caravan and CBN, Andrew hopes to improve his writing skills and possibly purse something English related in college. But the future is still open for whatever road is the most appealing.

• News

New grading scale well received by students

• Father-Son Dinner features Lester Munson

News

Tiger Woods to tee off on new design for South Shore and Jackson Park courses

News

Temporary bleachers could lead to new era for MC sports

News

2nd floor project nears completion

• News

New year, new leadership for Student Council

News

“Wide-eyed” frosh begin their journey

News

Esteemed editor Bernard Judge visits Carmel

News

The Pep Rally

News

March for Life makes a comeback

News

Sr. Hurley leaving after decades of service