• Caravan defeats St. Laurence 40 - 0; Fenwick next in season finale

Filed under Sports

Caravan football rolling toward playoffs

The Caravan is on a roll! After a dominating 49-0 win on September 28 over St. Ignatius, the varsity football team claimed its spot in the IHSA playoffs.

The 6-1 Caravan has been on a tear of late, outscoring opponents 134-19 in the last four games. The offense is looking great, averaging nearly 300 yards a game. On the other side of the ball, the defense is holding teams under a 200 yard average.

Quarterback Radomir Premovic is having a career season. With 11 touchdowns, Premovic is “excited” for this new offense that MC is running. “We were all excited going into the year with a new offense. Having a new look was very different for us, but also for the teams we played.”

The Caravan picked up another victory last weekend when Providence Catholic was reluctant to travel into the city in the face of uncertainty surrounding the Van Dyke trial.  After the verdict was announced and the subsequent demonstrations proved peaceful,  Mount Carmel offered to reschedule the game for Sunday or Monday, but the Celtics opted for the forfeit.

With two games remaining in the regular schedule, the Caravan is ready to square off against the St. Laurence Vikings this Friday at St. Laurence. The final game will be against Fenwick on Saturday, October 20, on Carey Field.  Come cheer on the Caravan!

About the Writer
Miles Hoey, Staff Writer

Miles Hoey, a senior at Mount Carmel, is a varsity wrestler who lives on the South Side of Chicago in Beverly. Hoey would love to pursue his dreams of wrestling at a Division I university. Wherever he goes, he plans to study nursing and reach his dream job of being a nurse practitioner. In his free time, Hoey enjoys hanging out with friends and going to eat at places near downtown, such as Greektown or Little Italy. The Hoey family has a legacy at Mount Carmel with his father (Jim Hoey ’84) and his brother (Dillon Hoey ’17). Miles describes his Mount Carmel experience as “a fantastic way to get to know people from all over the city that will be friends for a lifetime.”