• Caravan defeats St. Laurence 40 - 0; Fenwick next in season finale

Shadow Day 2017: major success

The Shadow Day at MC is one of the school’s biggest opportunities to promote the school as well as get prospective students to attend in the coming years. This year, in lieu of having Columbus Day off, Mount Carmel hosted their Shadow Day.

In short, it was an incredible success. The 118 shadows who attended were allowed to experience the everyday life of students here in addition to all of the unique activities that occur. The Homecoming Week basketball game was one of the cool activities that the shadows were able to witness. The competitive nature of the school shined brightly in the annual tournament, designed to show which class was the best at basketball, and the shadows were able to take part in that major component of MC culture.

About the Writer
Noah River-Jansky, Staff Writer

Noah is a senior at Mount Carmel. He is involved in Speech & Drama and tennis. He enjoys playing video games, reading novels, writing stories and watching movies. He is from the Hammond area in Indiana, where he attended Saint John the Baptist for seven years. He participates in several extracurricular activities like tennis and speech. An honors/AP student who is enrolled in three AP classes for his senior year, Noah has always enjoyed his history and English courses, and writing in general. He hopes that writing for the school’s newspaper will further develop his writing skills. After Mount Carmel, Noah plans to pursue a degree in game design from Indiana University Bloomington.

Shadow Day 2017: major success