• Caravan reaches 50% of Walkathon goal: earns free day on 4/18

Filed under Features, Showcase

Lights, Camera, Fashion!

MC+senior+Miles+Hoey+and+MC+senior+cheerleader+Hailey+Feil++after+the+prom+run+at+the+2019+Mother%27s+Club+fashion+show.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Lights, Camera, Fashion!

MC senior Miles Hoey and MC senior cheerleader Hailey Feil  after the prom run at the 2019 Mother's Club fashion show.

MC senior Miles Hoey and MC senior cheerleader Hailey Feil after the prom run at the 2019 Mother's Club fashion show.

Sam Feil

Sam Feil

Sam Feil

On Sunday, April 7, the MC Mother’s Club hosted its annual fashion show. This year’s fashion show took place at Gaelic Park in Oak Forest, Illinois.  The theme was “Hollywood.” MC staff and parents dressed as some of the most famous film actors characters of all time. From Marilyn Monroe to Darth Vader, the MC fashion show had it all!

This year, I was fortunate to be a part of the fashion show. As a senior, it is a very big deal. I was in two of the nine fashion runs. My first was prom run: MC seniors were paired with Caravan cheerleaders for a walk down the runway. The girls were dressed in beautiful prom dresses from That Girl Boutique, while the boys were in fancy tuxedos from Boss Tuxedos.

My second run was the mother/son run for the seniors whose mothers had served as officers or committee chairs for the Mother’s Club.  This important honor is saved for the last run of the day. When each mom and senior walked across othe stage, the “Mistress of ceremonies,” Cindy Panatoyovich, narrated their plans for college and the future. Then, as each couple started walking down the runway, the DJ played a short 30 second clip of a voice recording the seniors had made for their mother. In my voice recording, I talked about how grateful I am for my mother and I thanked her for everything she has done for me.

This year’s fashion show was a great experience that let me have a fun day with my friends, and a very memorable day with my mother.

About the Writer
Miles Hoey, Staff Writer

Miles Hoey, a senior at Mount Carmel, is a varsity wrestler who lives on the South Side of Chicago in Beverly. Hoey would love to pursue his dreams of...

• Lights, Camera, Fashion!

Features

Which test is best for you ACT or SAT?

• Lights, Camera, Fashion!

Features

Carmel leaps ahead in technology

• Lights, Camera, Fashion!

Features

Hooked on travel

• Lights, Camera, Fashion!

Features

Apex Legends and others Battle Royale games taking over

• Lights, Camera, Fashion!

Features

MC soccer bonds over Champions’ League

• Features

Not your ordinary day

• Lights, Camera, Fashion!

Features

A high school senior’s biggest challenge: the college application process

• Features

What will Mount Carmel be in 10 years?

• Features

With e-days, who needs school?

• Lights, Camera, Fashion!

Features

MC Alum visits 21st Century Media Class

Lights, Camera, Fashion!